Oklahoma County Clerk's Office
Click here to view all of the legal forms we have available
Sun August 15, 2010, 8:49am

Oklahoma County Clerk's Office

Oklahoma County Clerk of Courts, Oklahoma
Information pertaining to recording a Quit Claim Deed:

Registrar of Deeds – all documents related to property (real estate) interests, such as Quit Claim Deeds, mortgages, liens and mineral interests from 1890 to the present are filed and permanently kept by the County Clerk.

The Oklahoma Legislature passed legislation as of July 1, 1997 which sets new requirements for documents accepted for filing in all County Clerk offices in Oklahoma. The purpose of the law is to provide sufficient space on the face of each document for the necessary recording information, documentary stamps and mortgage tax stamps which may be required, without covering other information.

Recording Requirements for a Quit Claim Deed Form:

A Quit Claim Deed must be an original or a certified copy of an original Deed

A Quit Claim Deed Form must be clearly legible without magnification or enhancement;

A Oklahoma County Quit Claim Deed must be in the English language;

Must describe the property by its specific legal description;

Must provide such information as is necessary for indexing as required by Section 287 and 291of 19 O.S.1991 (Addition, block & lot, section, township & range, and metes & bounds if necessary for location);

If the Quit Claim Deed Form contains more than twenty-five (25) legal descriptions per page, they must be sorted by addition, block& lot (if platted), or by township range and section (if un-platted.);

An additional $1.00 will be charged for each legal description in excess of 25 per page;

A Quit Claim Deed must meet all other previous requirements for recording. (Grantor, Grantee, specific legal descriptions, return address, signatures and acknowledgments, etc.);
Unless the person offering a nonconforming Quit Claim Deed for filing is willing to reform the instrument, for which purposes it may be withdrawn and re-filed during the same business day, the County Clerk may refuse to record and index;

A Quit Claim Deed Form must be "Xerographically reproducible by the copying equipment in use by the County Clerk";

Unless otherwise provided by law, a Quit Claim Deed form must be no larger than 8 ½ by 14 inches. (Certain instruments are excluded, such as Plats and UCC filings.);

Margins must be 1 inch at the top and ½ inch at all other margins. A three inch top margin would be ideal, allowing placement of the return address on the left side and the recording stamp on the right side while still complying with the 1" margin requirement;

All Quit Claim Deeds shall provide an area free of printed information sufficient in size to accommodate affixation of documentary stamps, certification of the payment of mortgage tax, and recording information affixed by the county clerk without extending into the margins. (These space requirements may vary.);

If sufficient blank space is not provided, an additional page shall be attached to provide the space. This increases the number of pages resulting in an increase in filing fees;

If the Quit Claim Deed fails to meet all the requirements above, but is an original or certified copy, is legible, in English, is xerographically reproducible by the clerk’s equipment, and meets all other statutory requirements for recording, the County Clerk may record it by charging the additional fees set in place for nonconforming instruments.

As of January 1, 1998, if the Quit Claim Deed Form does not meet the new requirements, the nonconforming fees for recording will be $25.00 for the first page and $10.00 for each page thereafter. If the document meets all requirements with the exception of the space available for recording information, you may add an extra page to conform the Quit Claim Deed. In such cases, the charge for all pages is the regular fee. If the Quit Claim Deed is nonconforming for other reasons in addition to the space requirement, an extra page may be added to provide space and all pages will be filed at the nonconforming fee.

As before, "All Quit Claim Deeds accepted for filing, including all documents filed before the effective date of this act, shall be deemed to comply with the requirements of this section and, except as otherwise provided by law, impart constructive notice of the contents of such document to third parties unless a person claiming adversely to any such document files an affidavit setting forth the basis of such claim in the office of the county clerk of the county where the property is located within six (6) months from the effective date of this act."


For recording the first page of a Quit Claim Deed … $8.00

For recording each additional page of same instrument … $2.00

For each additional page or exhibit……………………………… $2.00

For recording the first page of a Quit Claim Deed, which are nonconforming pursuant to subsection C of Section 298 of Title 19 of the Oklahoma Statutes after January 1, 1998 …………………………………… $25.00

For recording each additional page of a Quit Claim Deed which is nonconforming…… $10.00

For furnishing hard copies of microfilmed records to bonded abstractors only, per page..$1.00

For furnishing photographic copies of photographic records, or of typewritten script or printed records, (does not apply to plats or maps) …… $1.00

For certifying to any copy per page …………… $1.00

Office Address and Location:
Oklahoma County Clerk’s Office
320 Robert S. Kerr, Room 108
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Phone #: 405-713-7184
Fax #: 405-713-7171

Related Legal Forms

Quit Claim Deed
Oklahoma County quit claim deed
quit claim deed form Oklahoma
quit claim deed Oklahoma County
Warranty Deed
Special Warranty Deed
Grant Deed
Mortgage Deed
Easement Deed
California Interspousal Grant Deed
Satisfaction Of Mortgage

Article Comments
Wilbert G. Myers Said: The property of my deceased Father, Lawrence Walter Myers with postal address of 1400 NE 46th St. Okla. City, OK73111, is ready to be recovered from probate. What are the steps and fees to record title deed in new owners name? I know the probate procedure, but after probate?
On Thu September 9, 2010, 1:38pm

Erma Burnett Said: How do I get a copy of my Quit claim Deed after it has been filed
On Wed March 9, 2011, 3:13pm

charles l rhodes Said: how and what form do I need to revoke a revokeable trust
On Wed October 26, 2011, 8:09pm

Cathy Said: What if house was granted in divorce by judge and ex refuses to sighn quit claim?
On Wed June 27, 2012, 6:11pm

Add Comment
Copyright 2004 - TheEasyForm, LLC | 1445 Industrial Parkway Akron, OH 44310 | Contact Us | Terms of Use |