Wed May 26, 2010, 2:32pm
Florida Quit Claim Deed - Broward County
Broward County Recorder’s Office Florida-in regards to a Quitclaim Deed
Under Recording, you will find information about recording Quitclaim Deeds and Forms.
Recording Your Deed in Broward County
QUIT CLAIM DEED REQUIREMENTS FOR BROWARD COUNTY FLORIDA
1. Grantors' (Party Giving Title) names legibly printed in the body of the Deed
2. Grantors' mailing address
3. Grantees' (Party Receiving Title) names legibly printed in the body of the Deed
4. Grantees' mailing address
5. Legal description of property (must be located in Broward County)
6. Signatures of Grantors
7. Names printed under their signature
8. Names of witnesses printed under their signatures
9. Complete Notary acknowledgment.
a. Names being acknowledged
b. Date acknowledgment taken
c. Signature of Notary
d. Name printed under signature
e. Notary Commission expiration date
f. Notary Seal
10. "Prepared by" statement (Name and Address of the Person preparing the Deed).
11. In accordance with Florida Statue 689.02(2) Parcel ID or folio # of the property being conveyed must be included in addition to the legal description on your Quitclaim Deed. The Parcel ID can be obtained from the Revenue Collection Division www.broward.org/revenue. Folio numbers are available at the Broward County Property Appraisers Office www.bcpa.net.
12. EFFECTIVE AS OF JUNE 1, 2008 - A DR-219 IS NO LONGER REQUIRED.
13. DOC STAMPS FEES ARE STILL REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF RECORDING. To indicate the sale/transfer price/consideration/ or doc stamps paid, you may use a cover letter, transmittal or a separate form.
14. Three-inch square white space on the top right hand corner of the first page of each Quitclaim Deed and a one-inch square white space on the top right hand corner of each subsequent page of the document. This space is necessary for them to apply computerized recording information. Your Quitclaim Deed will be returned to you, unrecorded, if they do not have sufficient white space.
15. Payment of prescribed fees affecting your Quitclaim Deed.
16. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return of your recorded Quitclaim Deed(s).
Note: These are RECORDING REQUIREMENTS for Quitclaim Deeds. There are other statutory requirements for making a conveyance valid which are not within the scope of the recording office to dictate.
THEY CANNOT RECORD A FLORIDA QUIT CLAIM DEED IF IT DOES NOT HAVE THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE!
Where do I get a Quitclaim Deed Form?
Forms can be purchased at select stationary stores or you can find a correct form that is compliant with Broward County at www.theeasyforms.com
TIME FRAMES INVOLVED:
It usually takes 4-6 business days excluding Holidays, to record a quitclaim Deed received by mail. If you need immediate service bring the Quitclaim Deed into the office and you can wait for it to be recorded
LEGAL ADVICE CANNOT BE PROVIDED BY THE BROWARD COUNTY RECORDER!
County Records Division staff cannot help you complete deed forms or give legal advice of any type. If you have questions about completing forms or the proper method of transferring property, you should consult an attorney.
Fees that can apply to a Quitclaim Deed in Broward County
For Recording a Quitclaim Deed into the Official Records .
First Page 10.00
Each Additional Page 8.50
For Indexing Instruments Recorded in the Official Records which contain more than four names, per additional name……..
Notarizing documents (per name)………
Domestic Partnership Registration (including recordation)………
Domestic Partnership additional Certificates or wallet-size cards (each)…….
For Examining, Certifying and Recording Plats .
First Page 30.00
Each Additional Page 15.00
Check Writing Fee
Lis Pendens .
First Page 5.00
Each Additional Page 4.00
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE TAXES
Documentary Stamp Tax on Deeds and other Instruments related to real property (rounded up to the nearest $100)…….
.70 per $100
SEARCH & COPY FEES
For Searching of Records (Per name for each year(s) searched)….. 2.00
For any Copy of an Official Record for each page not more than 8 ½ x 14 inches….
For any Copy of an Official Record larger than 8 ½ x 14 inches (maps, plats etc.)…..
Plats (mylar) …….
For Certifying Copies of any Instruments in the Official Records…..
PUBLIC RECORDS FEES
Copies – Page size not more than 8 ½ x 11 inches. No charge for the first fifty (50) copies, beyond fifty.
Per Page for one-sided copies .15
Per page for two-sided copies .20
Certification (for non-governmental agencies) 1.50
Clerical Assistance, per quarter hour (after first quarter) 2.50
CD containing copy of Digital Sound Recording (voice portion of public meetings)
Acceptable Payment Methods include: Cash, Checks, Money Orders, Discover Card and (with e-recording) ACH Debit.
Checks should be made payable to Broward County Board of County Commissioners. When sending a Broward County Quitclaim Deed by mail, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return of your recorded documents.
If you have questions regarding fees, please contact the call center at 954-831-4000.
115 S. Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301